>

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Detail Of The Week: Doctor Bag

the clothes horse, theclotheshorse, ombre purse, doctor bag, spotted moth
I'm quite the purse lady, so it should be no surprise that I acquired yet another one: this ombre doctor bag. I love the mix of old and new in this bag. The shape is so classic, a retro throwback even, but the ombre coloring is so fresh and modern. Combined it was a bag I really wanted to get my mitts on and thankfully my sponsor Spotted Moth was kind enough to send me one. It's quite my ideal size; big enough to fit my camera, a book, and other essentials, but not so large that I feel like I'm carrying a duffle around.the clothes horse, theclotheshorse, ombre purse, doctor bag, spotted moth

19 comments:

febriani djunaedi said...

love this bag :)

http://cherrylemonadee.blogspot.com/

Laura xo said...

Adore this bag! I agree, love the modern twist to it :) x

ClaraVivian said...

So cute Rebecca! I've been looking for one like that for ages!

quiteactually.blogspot.com

GILBERT/GANDA said...

look like the MIUMIU!

xx

Shelly said...

Lovely bag and in a perfect color!

Shellyisms

Malicious Mallory said...

Wow, too cool! I've never seen a bag like this with ombre coloring before. So neat!

Sarah said...

That bag is so stunning. The colour is gorgeous!

PinkBow said...

lloooovvevee!! such a pretty shade.

libys11 said...

that's really beautiful! :D

Animated Confessions

Julia said...

I love doctors' bags -- they were all I carried in high school. It might be high time for a revival.

Beautiful choice.
xo Julia

Mae Lu said...

The slight gradient colouring gives it much more character than if it were just a straight, flat colour.

It's a great one. I'm always looking for durable bags.

The Carpenter Bee bag with the studs was wonderful to travel with, but didn't hold up with my DSLR in it. :(

xx,
Mae Lu, @ thereafterish.

Cassandra said...

Doctor bags are such a great shape.

Penny Dreadful said...

Ah, the colouring of this is just lush

Penny Dreadful Vintage

Alessia Pearl said...

I really love bags. And this would definitely be an important addition to my collection as it looks sophisticated yet modern. Thanks for the idea.

http://alessiapearl.blogspot.com/

Vicki said...

i WANT this bag!!! your blog makes me very envious every time i stop back! :) x

Rebeccak said...

What an interesting bag - the tonal gradations had me doing a double-take. love it!

ChiqueChic said...

That is a really great bag! I've always been a fan of doctor bags, too! It's such a great color. I love how the hanging straps are the opposite ombre of the side they're one. It gives the bag great character!

www.ChiqueChic.com

Mani said...

Wow, that bag's amazing! It's such a pretty purple

Dani Freitas said...

This bag is sooooo beautiful!!! I loved the shape, the material and the color. Perfect!

Web Statistics