>

Monday, March 4, 2013

Hermit Mode

When I returned to Pennsylvania after all of my chaperoning adventures elsewhere I made a pilgrimage my favorite quiet spot on the river. Ok, first I unpacked my suitcase, went to the grocery to restock my fridge and did all those other practical and essential tasks but then in my free time I drove down here where everything was still and calm. The cold weather chased me back inside before too long but it was a nice escape while it lasted. As much as I loved my time with that group of young musicians it was definitely wearying on my introverted personality. I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks merely holed up in my house pretending to be a hermit before I accept any new social engagements...

Outfit details:
UO hat (similar here)
thrifted skirt (similar here)

12 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Cute!
I'm a hermit too :)

Shannon Willardson said...

Love those boots!

Shannon
http://GBOfashion.com

Kimberley Jakoda said...

I can totally relate to this. Social engagements can easily knock me out for several weeks!
Your hat is really awesome :)

Allison McLean said...

Looks lovely!

What kind of camera did you use? Love the light filter! Or whatever's making that effect.

Allison E. M.
http://waysofvesture.com

Megan Colwell said...

Has anyone else told you that you bear a striking resemblence to Valorie Curry?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2038170/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

Everytime I watch The Following I think, oh, it's The Clothes Horse! No wait...she's a serial killer.

Anonymous said...

I always think the exakt same thing when watching the following! hard to imagine that character being as evil as she is when you seem so sweet.

Alexandra Butler said...

I know everyone says it but it's so nice to come home after time away, especially when you go to visit your favourite place. The light filter in these photographs is stunning!

Www.alexandralaurenrose.blogspot.com

Kimberellie said...

This sweater is fabulous! & yes, it would be SO wearying for me too, to spend all that time with so many people!

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

@Megan Colwell & Anonymous, haha I have been getting that a lot lately. She's evil? I didn't know that--I haven't seen the show. That kind of makes me like her more. :)

Anonymous said...

Introverts Unite!

(hee hee)

EmandTea said...

This is so cute! That style of skirt flatters you very well. Very fun and casual!

emma
emandtea.blogspot.com

Gemma said...

I love these pictures! Your jumper is so lovely :)

Web Statistics